The Policies Housing Land Retail Land Transport Green Infrastructure Community Infrastructure Heritage Employment Land Infrastructure Provision Design Visual Amenity Sustainable Development
A. To be supported development proposals must demonstrate that they achieve high quality inclusive design and are fully integrated into the existing area in terms of design and accessibility by meeting, where relevant, the following criteria:
1. The development responds to and reflects the local character, as set out in the Local Character Areas (presented in Appendix 5.7), and integrates positive attributes within the area into their design;
2. Are of a scale and mass that reflects their surroundings and makes effective use of land whilst ensuring that the amenity of the area and neighbouring residents is not significantly adversely impacted;
3. Create a safe and accessible environment for all highway users.
To be supported development proposals must be fully integrated into, and contribute to, their landscape character and public realm setting, and must not result in any net biodiversity loss.
Proposals for microgeneration schemes including those on domestic and non-domestic buildings will be supported providing they meet the following criteria:
1. They do not have a significant adverse impact on the external appearance of the building;
2. They do not in themselves or cumulatively have a significant adverse impact on the character of the local area including the Malvern Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty; and
3. They do not in themselves or cumulatively have a significant adverse impact on the amenity of neighbouring residents and occupiers.