The Policies Housing Retail Transport Green Infrastructure Community Heritage Employment Infrastructure Design
Policy MR1: Town and District Centres
Proposals for new town centre uses (Use Classes A1-A5) and social, cultural and leisure uses (Use Classes D1 and D2 Non-Residential Institutions and Assembly and Leisure Uses) within the NPA’s town, district and local centres must:
1. Be of an appropriate scale to that centre;
2. Be compatible with adjacent land uses and not prejudice the amenity, lawful operation, viability or future development of existing businesses; and
3. Not have an unacceptable adverse impact on the amenities of residents living within or adjacent to the centre.
Policy MR2: Neighbourhood Parades
Proposals for the change of use of units in Use Class A1 (shops) within the NPA’s neighbourhood parades, as identified on the Key Diagram and at figure 6.9 to non-A1 uses must meet all of the following criteria:
1. The shop use is no longer commercially viable and it has been demonstrated that the premises have been marketed for that or any other suitable retail use for at least 12 continuous months;
2. It will not have an unacceptable adverse impact on the amenities of residents living within or adjacent to the neighbourhood parade; and
3. It will not have a detrimental impact on vitality and viability of the neighbourhood parade demonstrated through the proposal not a) resulting in two or more non-A1 retail units in a row or b) resulting in less than 50% of all units within the parade being in A1 use.